Saturday, February 18, 2006

Rub a Dub, Dub

Let me give as profound an apology as a 8 month old baby can give for not keeping up with my blogs.
Since Christmas I have been really busy (Momma says that in general "busyness" is not something to be proud of) but I have been busy a "good way" she says.

I have learned to sit up AND crawl and a whole new world is at my fingertips - literally. I have disovered that I really, really like Momma's space heaters when they are not running and when they are running the warm breeze kind of freaks me out so I stay about 4 feet away and just stare at them. I have also discovered the coolest thing - if I strum the heat vents it makes very pretty music like a harp. This keeps me occupied for whole minutes.

In the last four weeks I have got THREE new teeth. I think my new name is, "Baby, you are such a little trooper."
I am sorry I have been so busy making Momma keep the floors clean, my fingers clean and tonight I made her clean the tub...

Almost every night Momma and me take a bath. I am old enough now that I understand what she means when she says, "Do you want to take a bath"...I even understand it in French, "Tu veux prendre un bain?" Once that bathwater gets turned on I really go bonkers. Momma and I have been taking baths since I was 6 weeks old and it is my most favorite time of the day...besides Milky time, when Daddy gets home, when I get to play with the caculator, when I strum my harp...
Tonight we took a bath. Momma always jokes that of all the times I have taken my bath she can't believe that I have never pooped in the tub...hahaha...
See, I don't really like to make poopies and I think it kinda stresses Momma out. She is always singing this funny little song (amongst all her other little songs) called, "Make the Poopies Aidan."
Tonight while I was sitting on her leg I let out quite a little toot. She squeeled cause it smelled really bad and I made some bubbles too! Then all the sudden she started laughing and so did Daddy - he always sits on the floor and talks to Momma and me during our baths. It was so relaxing. I had apple sauce for lunch, the water was warm, I am so comfortable with my Momma so I just relaxed and "made the poopies."
Daddy scooped it out and we were getting out - Momma said now we had to start all over so we could get clean but, I had other things in mind. Just a few more bubbles, another present for Daddy and NOW I was ready to get out while the tub drained.
Daddy held me while Momma cleaned the tub out with some smelly powder and a sponge - she told Daddy this was NOT the time to start squeezing her butt - he thought it was. I thought it was time to play with my favorite new toy in the bathroom- the hose the connects to the shower head. Momma says our shower is jerri-rigged since we have an old house and the shower head is connected with some wire that Daddy made. When I pulled on my favorite new toy, cold water (that Momma was using to rinse down the cleaning stuff) started spraying all over her, the floor and the walls. She was screaming and laughing and I thought this was the funnest bathtime we had EVER had!!!
Momma said it was like a scene from Everybody Loves Raymond.
We filled up the tub and had another bath. I got all clean and feel much better after pooping and Momma says this is a bath time she will never forget!

4 comments:

Faith said...

Great story Aidan!!! I have missed hearing from you. Keep 'em comin'. You guys are making so many great memories. Don't forget any of them!! Even the poopies in the bath are precious!!!

Lots of Love,

Auntie Faith

Anonymous said...

This is CLASSIC! Great story telling because it was written so well I could see the entire scene. This story is a keeper.

Julee Ann said...

So glad your parents do creative things with you instead of buying you toys or propping you up in front of TV shows where things just go round in circles. Although I bet you're kinda hoping for a set of legos so you can build a Jimmy Johnson car...when age is appropiate. I will get it for your if your mom won't!

Julee Ann said...

OOOOOOOOO...the big daddy speaks up. OK I can clam up around the little one...I hope he doesn't read this blog...but I'm on the fence about Junior...IF I would become a fan I think my loyalties would have to lie with the double 8 guy. I think Mark gets an extra week of vacation if he wins the cup. That would make 8 for him. Hmmmm I heard the big brown is going to be featured in the commercials this year.